forrest-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Working - RE: Glossary Plugin FOR-755 - was RE: [jira] Updated: (FOR-639) define terminology for the various aspects of Dispatcher
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 03:08:09 GMT
Thanks for persiting Gavin. I now have your patch installed
and getting ready to commit it.

See below for explanation of the trouble that
you were having.

David Crossley wrote:
> Gav.... wrote:
> > 
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: David Crossley
> > > Sent: Tuesday, 4 April 2006 11:57 AM
> > > To: dev@forrest.apache.org
> > > Subject: Re: Working - RE: Glossary Plugin FOR-755 - was RE: [jira]
> > > Updated: (FOR-639) define terminology for the various aspects of
> > > Dispatcher
> > > 
> > > Gav.... wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I have added back in the catalog.xcat file, containing :-
> > > >
> > > > <!DOCTYPE catalog PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog
> > > > V1.0//EN"
> > > > "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd">
> > > >
> > > > <!-- OASIS XML Catalog for Forrest Documents -->
> > > > <catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog"
> > > >          prefer="public">
> > > >
> > > >   <public publicId="-//Apache Forrest//DTD Glossary V1.0//EN"
> > > > 	uri="glossary-v10.dtd"/>
> > > > </catalog>
> > > >
> > > > And removed the .dtd and .mod files from /xdocs/
> > > >
> > > > I am now getting different errors,
> > > >
> > > > Recursive entity reference "%glossary". (Reference path: %glossary ->
> > > > %glossary -> %glossary),
> > > >
> > > > >From a forrest run and similar in an Ant Test failure report.
> > > >
> > > > The glossary-v10.dtd has :-
> > > >
> > > > <!ENTITY % document PUBLIC
> > > >     "-//APACHE//ENTITIES Documentation V1.2//EN"
> > > >     "document-v12.mod">
> > > > %document;
> > > >
> > > > <!-- ===============================================================
-->
> > > > <!-- Include the Common ISO Character Entity Sets -->
> > > > <!-- ===============================================================
-->
> > > >
> > > > <!ENTITY % common-charents PUBLIC
> > > >     "-//APACHE//ENTITIES Common Character Entity Sets V1.0//EN"
> > > >     "common-charents-v10.mod">
> > > > %common-charents;
> > > >
> > > > <!-- ===============================================================
-->
> > > > <!-- Document Type Definition -->
> > > > <!-- ===============================================================
-->
> > > >
> > > > <!ENTITY % glossary PUBLIC
> > > >     "-//Apache Forrest//DTD Glossary V1.0//EN"
> > > >     "glossary-v10.mod">
> > > > %glossary;
> > > 
> > > That last part is not correct. It should be
> > > <!ENTITY % glossary PUBLIC
> > >      "-//Apache Forrest//ENTITIES Glossary V1.0//EN"
> > > FIXME:...................^^^^^^^^
> > >      "glossary-v10.mod">
> > >  %glossary;
> > 
> > Ok, changed that, I thought it had to match the rest.
> > 
> > > Then your catalog.xcat needs to declare that as well.
> > 
> > Hmm, changing the catalog.xcat to say ENTITIES instead of
> > DTD does not work for me, this has the effect of the dtd
> 
> No. You have two resources: the glossary-v10.dtd and glossary-v10.mod
> They need separate Public Identifiers and separate
> entries in the catalog.xcat file.

Sorry, i didn't previously pick up that
you were missing the second entry.

I did that at this end and now it works.
However, there was another mistake which was
causing it to look in the plugin for the document-v12.dtd

See above where you show the original glossary-v10.dtd
which used the Public Identifier:
-//APACHE//ENTITIES Documentation V1.2//EN
That was correct and would have been resolved by
Forrest core entity resolver. However, then you must
have later changed it to be:
-//Apache Forrest//ENTITIES Documentation V1.2//EN
and so the resolver couldn't find a match.
Fixed now.

So now everyone who was listening to this thread should
know a bit more about the important, yet mysterious,
Catalog Entity Resolver.

> > And mod files being looked for in xdocs again. I changed
> > It back to DTD and with the above change it is all
> > Working again - with another workaround.
> > 
> > Making the suggested changes alone was not enough for me, 
> > I then had problems with document-v12.dtd and common-charents-v10.dtd
> > Not being found, I had to copy them into the schema directory.
> 
> This is a side affect of not configuring the
> catalog.xcat properly. Due to that it will erroneously
> try to find the resources relative to the xml doc.

Actually relative to the resource that declared it.

-David

Mime
View raw message