forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] odt plugin
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:58:09 GMT
On Apr 18, 2006, at 1:37 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> http://localhost:8888/helloworld.xml
>> <document>
>>  <header>
>>   <title>Converted by odt_to_xhtml.xsl</title>
>>   <!--
>> > -->
>> .T1{
>> font-weight: bold;
>> }
>> </header>
>>   <section>
>>    <title/>
>>   </section>
>> </document>
>
> I can't view the helloWold file at present. From the above it looks
> like a really simple document. We need to ceate a more complete
> example, with multiple sections, tables etc. This is a great stat
> though.

FWIW, my example contained a bulleted list, and h1, h2, etc. each of
which came through nicely. I have some tables, which I will test
shortly. All one needs to do, is to save the OOo plugin's SXW test
file[1]. I just tried it, and everything (!) worked except the
Forrest-specific items (Forrest: Warning, Forrest: Note, Forrest:
Fixme...).

Great work, David & Thorsten... (BTW, I wonder if this discussion
shouldn't also be occurring on lenya-dev?)

>> That is the outcome from the html-to-document.xsl (see above
>> {lm:transform.html.document}) transformation (last step in the odt
>> plugin).
> >
>> The dispatcher ignores the <style/> and as well skins from a xdoc,
>> the
>> answer is *no*, embedded CSS styles in *xdocs* are *not* carried
>> through
>> to the final output.
>
> OK, that's cool.
>
>> My question now is, do you think that we should suppress <style/>
>> in the
>> {lm:transform.html.document}?
>
> At present there is no point in it being there, it is not used and
> the user may be confused by it. Probably best to remove it.
>
> Howeve, in the longer term... this hits on exactly why I asked the
> question in the first place. Some time ago I started some
> experimental work on the OOo plugin. This would allow some styling
> in some elements to pass through. Thus giving the user more
> felxibility in how they describe the markup of a document.
>
> Daisy has an HTML cleaner which is highly configuable from external
> files. We could extend this to make the whole thing much more
> configurable on a per site basis.
>
> Ross

[1]
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/
org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/samples/openoffice-
writer.html

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet