forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 17:07:06 GMT

Web Maestro Clay wrote:

> I was thinking it 'might be nice to have' an OpenDocument *output*
> plugin (in addition to an ODT *input* plugin & along the lines of
> PDF). Does that sound like something the Forrest folk might appreciate?

+1^2

I'd really like to see this happening because it would finally solve
the problem of fop doing a rather poor job of complex pagination.

Having a reasonably complete plug-in to create OpenDocument (text)
documents people could automate document generation then manually
paginate (fine tune) the final odt-documents.

And if this worked together well with the odt-input-plugin we could
finally support a closed editing cycle so that edits to the final (print)
version (as is often done in press-publications) can be fed back into
the source for all other channels.

Preservation of pagination would be another great feature.

--
Ferdinand Soethe