forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 08:44:14 GMT

Ross Gardler wrote:

> 1) Does the student think they can do it? If they don't they will not apply.

That's the one I worry about.

> 2) Do we really expect a student to be able to do it in the time
> allowed? We have to provide a report to Google saying whether the
> objectives were met and whether the student should receive their money.
> The decision about the money is the mentors alone, but it does reflect
> negatively on the mentor and the student.

This one should not be a problem if we defind the additional formats
as optional second phases.

Problem is: how can we phrase the proposal in a way that doesn't scare
people off while still motivating them to aim for this second step.
Any ideas.

Also, Ross, how do you judge the amaount of work involved? Is it
realistic to get all of that done? I have my doubts ...

--
Ferdinand Soethe