forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: explain sitemap matches and pass parameters to transformers
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 03:15:35 GMT
On Apr 25, 2006, at 8:09 PM, David Crossley wrote:
> There are explanations of this in our mail archives, e.g.
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112382352019400
>
> I will spend some time to explain this again below
> to hopefully add this to a doc later.
>
> Also, when you need to find info like this try doing:
> cd $FORREST_HOME/webapp
> grep path *.xmap
> vi linkmap.xmap
> at around line 66 ...
> <map:match pattern="**linkmap-*">
>   <map:generate src="cocoon://abs-linkmap" />
>   <map:transform src="{lm:transform.linkmap.linkmap-relativized}">
>     <map:parameter name="path" value="{1}{2}" />
>     <map:parameter name="site-root" value="{conf:project-url}" />
>   </map:transform>
>   <map:serialize type="xml" />
> </map:match>

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I just quickly perused your notes, and they make more sense than the
hours I've spent on http://cocoon.apache.org/ (if you could see me
typing, you'd see that I am actually blue in the face...).

I'll flag this e-mail and read it again each time I feel like I'm
losing my focus.

Thank you David!

p.s. thank you also for giving this 'thread' an intelligent title.

Web Maestro Clay
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet