forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:49:49 GMT

Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Yes, that would be nice, the only thing I am unsure is whether it gives
> enough work for the period of time for a GSoC project. Personally I
> think it is quite easy to implement such a plugin.

My aim would be to actually get a complete, tested and documented
plug-ins for both ways out of this.

And judging by the state of the the openOffice-Plugin that is quite a
piece of work. We never even got close to full support and a lot of
the existing features failed with some of my real life office
documents.

However if person is finished early, we can still implement support for
OpenDocument-Slides and Spreadsheets.

If we set up the project with an XP-approach we can start by building a
minimal solution, finish it then tackle the next step.

--
Ferdinand Soethe