forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] remove active/inactive concept
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:09:27 GMT
El dom, 23-04-2006 a las 11:44 +1000, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > David Crossley escribi??:

> > > I like your interpretation.
> >
> > I see activeness different then coming forward and voting.
>
> Thorsten, please answer the following questions.
> Perhaps you have foreseen a problem that i cannot.

You made a proposal regarding the problem I see ([Proposal] Project
Management Roles). ;)

> What is your reason for wanting to prevent
> certain PMC members from having binding votes?

> All PMC members exist because we saw that they
> are committed to the project and we trust them
> to have the project's interests at heart.
>
> We have a principle that people can be as active
> as they choose, with no pressure from the project.
>
> So what is wrong with them being quiet and
> speaking up occasionally when they see a topic
> that motivates them enough to cast a vote?

You are right, the slightest activity from anyone in this community is
helping the project.

Removing the active/inactive concept will help to clarify this. We are
all part of a community, doing what we can.

There is absolute no need for stating who is active and who not, that
can be seen in the svn log, the mailing list, etc..

+1 to remove the active/inactive concept
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)