forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] odt plugin
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:25:03 GMT
El mié, 19-04-2006 a las 20:34 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>I can understand that. I'll file the desire for on-the-fly styles
> >>under the 'it would be nice...' flag. :-)
> >>

> > I added such a contract. I have not tested it (will do later) since I am
> > on my way out, but _should_ work. ;)
>

> Last time I looked -1 from a committer was a blocker on code. I
> appreciate that this optional, but I'm still not sure it is a good idea.
> It will cause maintenance problems.

I did not see a vote on it and interpreted your -1 as stating your
personal opinion.

> Of course, there is a nice big warning on there. What do other devs
> think? Is this the top of a slippery slope? Should this contract be part
> of a FAQ rather than included code?
>
> I'll certainly consider switching to a -0 if people want to see this,
> but I strongly caution against it. In my opinion it undermines the whole
> purpose of Forrest.

Please call a vote on it to make sure we stand on common ground. If
forrest do not want to include the contract I will make it available on
a non-asf server. No problem at all.
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"