forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Q: Images-Cascade in Resources.xmap (was Re: Forrest site generates content above build/site)
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:03:34 GMT
El jue, 20-04-2006 a las 10:40 +0200, Ferdinand Soethe escribió:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
> > Am I helping or confusing?
> Helping (me), thanks.
>

> Still, I'm looking at this and wonder.
>
> It seems to me like these cascades create a behavior that is very hard to
> predict by the user. And probably - unless you really study that
> sitemap - for many developers as well.

Yes, you are right the resource.xmap is *very* complex and *very* hard
to understand.

> Should we really have all this legacy support and usage pattern choices
> implemented in this way?

IMO no, that should go through the locationmap, however this is not that
simple since we have a wide range of different matches that cannot
directly be taken from the lm.

> Why not define these patterns and put them as settings into Forrest
> properties.

IMO forrest.properties not but forrest.properties.xml/project lm yes.

>  Use switches to support these patterns in the sitemap so
> that each usage-patterns has just one predictable behavior.

That is hard since we need generic matchers to not hace to tweak the
xmap every now and then.

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler