forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Release Manager - RM
Date Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:10:32 GMT
Hi all,

I wonder whether we can establish a regular scheduled release with the
help of an official release manager.

Ideal it would be not one single person but a group of people that take
turns to do a release. That said if you are interested in helping doing
a release as RM, please beware that other trust you to really do it.

Why having a RM? One thing that I learned over the years in os
development is that people feel more responsible for doing a job when
their have officially the function or feel personal responsible for the

Seeing our release rate we need to build a habit of releasing on a
regular basis.

Who will volunteer for the group of RM?

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)