forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] odt plugin
Date Mon, 17 Apr 2006 23:35:15 GMT
El lun, 17-04-2006 a las 23:32 +0100, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> >>The odt_to_xhtml stylesheet uses the styles defined in the document to
> >>style the final output. Does this mean we loose the consistent look and
> >>feel that is the real killer in Forrest produced sites?
> >>

> > I do not understand you. Did you tested the plugin?
> >
> > +          <map:transform src="{lm:transform.odt.xhtml}" />
> > +          <map:transform
> > src="{lm:transform.xml.xml-namespace-stripped}" />
> > +          <map:transform src="{lm:transform.html.document}" />
> >
> > We transform first to xhtml, then strip the namespaces and finally
> > create a xdoc out of the xhtml input.
>
> No, I did not test, I just looked at the code. I do not have the time to
> test it right now. I'm doing a review of the commit, that's all.

Thanks for the review (the code is from David Eisenberg)

For anyone else, I reckon it takes 5 minutes to test. Just add to
$YOUR_PROJECT/forrest.properties
project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt,{more.project.required.plugins}
then:
cd $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.odt
$FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant local-deploy
cd $YOUR_PROJECT/$XDOCS/
svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk/src/modules/opendocument/samples/helloworld.odt
forrest run
http://localhost:8888/helloworld.html

> The transformation to XHTML creates embedded CSS styles in the final
> output. Are these carried through to the final output?

http://localhost:8888/helloworld.xml

<document>
 <header>
  <title>Converted by odt_to_xhtml.xsl</title>
  <!--
-->
.T1{
font-weight: bold;
}
</header>
  <section>
   <title/>
  </section>
</document>

That is the outcome from the html-to-document.xsl (see above
{lm:transform.html.document}) transformation (last step in the odt
plugin).

The dispatcher ignores the <style/> and as well skins from a xdoc, the
answer is *no*, embedded CSS styles in *xdocs* are *not* carried through
to the final output.

My question now is, do you think that we should suppress <style/> in the
{lm:transform.html.document}?

salu2
--
thorsten