forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin <forr...@kegcl.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: DOCO testing problems
Date Thu, 13 Apr 2006 18:31:56 GMT
On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 23:00 +0200, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 12-04-2006 a las 18:58 +0100, Kevin escribió:
> > I've been speed reading the list for a while and tried to get
> > DOCO installed.
> >
> > First time when it was first announced install was fine but now
> > I have problems.
>
> Thanks Kevin, nice to see you here again, like always very helpful. :)

Thanks Thorsten. I thought I'd put my user hat on and have a go at
doco.

> > 1) forrest
> >
> > .../forrest/whiteboard/doco
> >
> > forrest run
> >
> > dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
> > The contract "content-title" has thrown thrown an exception by resolving raw data
from "cocoon://index.title.xml".

> > dispatcherErrorStack:
> >  org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Content is not allowed in prolog.
> >

> > forrest site
> > * [9/10]    [0/5]     3.571s 3.2Kb   index/index_en.html
> > X [0]                                     index/xdoc/faq.html   BROKEN:
> > dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
> > The contract "genericXhtml" has thrown thrown an exception by resolving
> > raw data from "cocoon://index/xdoc/faq.xml".

I still get the 'forrest site' errors like above. Another example below:

* [17/2]    [0/6]     2.969s 3.1Kb   index.html
X [0]                                     index/xdoc/sample.html
BROKEN: dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
The contract "genericXhtml" has thrown thrown an exception by resolving
raw data from "cocoon://index/xdoc/sample.xml".

dispatcherErrorStack:
 org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceNotFoundException: Exception during
processing of cocoon://index/xdoc/sample.xml

I'll look at the rendered site again and see really if those pages are
missing.

> > In a work area I tried forrest seed and enabled dispatcher and it
> > seems to be dispatcher related.

I'll look at this again. Dispatcher is fine with default theme maybe
I saw an error with pelt.

> The problem was that the index.xml is based on xhtml as input format.
> With http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=390856&view=rev I enabled a
> resourceTypeAction (FOR-843) but not activated it on the index file.
>
> I fixed it by adding a meta data file.
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs?rev=393607&view=rev
>

> > Unless I've done something wrong being away for a while and forget
> > something. Yep I enabled dispatcher patch and local deploy plugins.
>
> No that was a bug, thanks very much for the headsup.

Yes great that meta file fixed it for 'forrest run'. Thanks.

> > 2) lenya
>
> ...I will answer this part replying in a second answer cc to lenya-dev
> (since the observations are really lenya specific).

Yes I saw that answer thanks. Yes with BXE clicking in a paragraph
(no cursor?) typing, edit and save works ok. Though with all content
wrapped it is difficult to use.

> > Kevin
>
> Really great hearing from you.

Maybe after these next silly questions you may not think so :)
Forgetting Dispatcher for the moment.

I see Lenya authoring / CM of xdoc and xhtml.

.../forrest/whiteboard/doco/content/authoring/index/xdoc
is were the xdocs reside ie forrest content in internal format.

So why can't forrest just publish from there with old skins?

Ok can't realy edit xdoc with Lenya BXE but ok editing xhtml.
.../forrest/whiteboard/doco/content/authoring/index/anxhtmldoc

So that's why the xhtml->xdoc forrest input plugin on the todo list?

But xhtml is published with forrest in the example. Is that
achieved using Lenya input plugin to forrest?

Hmmm I feel I'm digging a hole for myself. No tabs.xml and site.xml
so is navigation generated from Lenya?

Best I stop rambling now. Thanks for the quick replies.

Kevin.