forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DOCO testing problems
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:09:17 GMT
El mié, 12-04-2006 a las 18:58 +0100, Kevin escribió:
> 2) lenya
>
> Was never able to use it before so now I see xdoc editing great.

:)

Yeah, 1.4.x is shaping up nicely (still some sharp corners though).

> a) xdoc
> http://localhost:9999/doco/authoring/index/xdoc.html
>
> Editor choices BXE / one Form. BXE has the file wrapped in normal
> and tag view - couldn't work out how to edit?

The problem IMO is that BXE needs some special css to display the
elements within the area. Normally BXE is working on xhtml as input so I
guess we need to define some css for it. Dunno ATM how to fix it, maybe
somebody else knows?

Anyhow if you click into a paragraph and add some xxxxxx and save/exit
you see that it saves, but I agree it should look kind of xhtml
editing.

> Anyway tried "one Form" and file nicely indented with tags. Did a
> simple edit and save. Got error:
>
> unfinished element
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error calling continuation at
> file:/usr/local/java/lenya-
> trunk/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/usecases.js:257:-1 at
> <map:call>
> -
> file:/usr/local/java/lenya-
> trunk/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecases/usecase.xmap:95:39 at
> <map:mount> -
> file:/usr/local/java/lenya-
> trunk/build/lenya/webapp/lenya/usecase.xmap:56:128 at <map:mount> -
> file:/usr/local/java/lenya-trunk/build/lenya/webapp/global-
> sitemap.xmap:318:105 at <map:mount> -
> file:/usr/local/java/lenya-trunk/build/lenya/webapp/sitemap.xmap:620:106
>
> column: -1
>
> line: -1
>
> cause: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: unfinished element
>
> ---
> *Do I need a live internet connection to use Lenya / validate xdoc
> dtd*?
>
> Looking at the source
> .../forrest/whiteboard/doco/content/authoring/index/xdoc/index_en.xml
> No dtd reference?
> Did a quick vi edit of index_en.xml to see the change in Lenya ok.
>
> So I'm puzzled. Thinking Lenya not validating against forrest dtd
> catalog but in Lenya? I didn't edit any tags just text so parse error
> is wrong.

Need to have a closer look on that and report back. I am seeing the same
error with DOCO, we should add it to the bugzilla/jira. I can recall
that it was working before.

> b) I tried edit of xhtml
> http://localhost:9999/doco/authoring/index/anxhtmldoc.html
>
> Get extra edit option Kupu. With a 404 error on save?

Yeah, seeing this as well on
http://lenya.zones.apache.org:9999/default/authoring/doctypes/xhtml-document.html?&lenya.step=open&lenya.usecase=kupu
seems to be a kupu bug.

Somebody knows what may be wrong?

> Same "unfinnished element" error as above saving with "one Form"

I do not see this error. Maybe that is why you ask *Do I need a live
internet connection to use Lenya / validate xdoc dtd*?

I read something about the one-form editor and online connection but can
not find the link nor remember details. Somebody knows?

> *Wow nice layout with normal view in BXE and I can edit and save!*

:)

> c) Tried edit of parent xhtml
> http://localhost:9999/doco/authoring/index.html
>
> Kupu edit option same 404 error on save?

We need to fill a bug.

> *Yes "one Form" I can edit and save!*
>
> *Yes BXE I can edit and save!*
>
> ---
> Hope my observations are useful and can be confirmed by others so it's
> not my setup.

Very useful. Thanks very much. Your observations are very spot on and
discovered many bugs. We need to add them to the issue tracker to not
forget about it.

I will try to do it later on this week when I find some time if nobody
beats me to it. ;)

> Lenya authoring doco recap:
> c) parent xhtml 2 of 3 editors ok
> b) xhtml 1 of 3 editors ok
> a) xdoc 0 of 2 editors :(

Please try to add some random string and save with BXE.

I reckon we should rather use xhtml2 as input format for forrest and
doco documents then investing too much energy in xdocs.

> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20041020
> Firefox/0.10.1
>
> Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

salu2