forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 'OpenDocument' or 'odt' + mailing list question
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 04:52:11 GMT

Web Maestro Clay wrote:

> I just noticed that we've got a new plugin:

> $FORREST_HOME/whiteboard/plugins/
> org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenDocument

> Before I spend time updating on this, which will be the final plugin
> we'll use?

I'd say that we'll certainly keep this one because it has the more
common name.

But as I have written in the thread on the odt-plugin I would still
like to have the question answered how much it would take to make the
old OpenOffice-plug-in support openDocument, simply because it seemed
a lot further in terms of features and maturity.

I think it would be great if s.o. working on the new plug-in could at
least take the time to compare both approaches and see how they can be
merged into one unified plugin that supports both.

> Also, where should discussion of modifications go? dev@lenya.a.o or
> dev@forrest.a.o?

Well since these are Forrest plug-ins using Forrest technology and
transforming to the current or future Forrest base format I'd say it
should happen here.

--
Ferdinand Soethe