forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Clay Leeds <webmaes...@mac.com>
Subject Re: [FYI] Google Summer of Code 2006
Date Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:19:23 GMT
On Apr 20, 2006, at 2:37 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:

>>> Very nice idea, indeed.
>>> +1^2 too !
>>>
>> Yes, that would be nice, the only thing I am unsure is whether it
>> gives
>> enough work for the period of time for a GSoC project. Personally I
>> think it is quite easy to implement such a plugin.
>
> The scope of the project is not an issue with respect to GSoc. That
> is to be determined by the project itself. Having said that, I
> agree. I think we should aim for a fully documented/tested/
> functional input plugin as well as the output plugin.
>
> Ross

If you're concerned about having work to do, the wording of it could
be something to the effect of:

"Forrest OpenDocument Input and Output Plugins
- "Forrest OpenDocument Input Plugin" enables users to use
OpenDocument files as source files for generating Forrest-based web
sites. This would work similarly to Forrest's OpenOffice.org Plugin's
ability to use OOo files via as source/input files.
- "Forrest OpenDocument Output Plugin" enables users to generate
OpenDocument files, which would be accessible from generating Forrest-
based web sites. This would work similarly to Forrest's FOP/PDF
output system's ability to generate PDF files via Apache FOP.

NOTE: Work has already begun on the Forrest OpenDocument Input
plugin, but it is still considered to be in the early ALPHA stage."

Clay Leeds
webmaestro@mac.com

-- HH Dalai Lama of Tibet