forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Paul Bolger" <pbol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Navigation alternatives
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 23:06:03 GMT
> developing my site from scratch again I have to admit I am pretty tired
> of editing the site.xml. Further the current site.xml is very limiting
> regarding different "views" of the site and reusability for e.g. the
> lenya CMS.

Alternate nav schemes would be fantastic.

> Today I stumbled over:
> http://www.theyrule.net/

Very cute concept - slight drawback in that you can't (that I could
find in an intensive five second review) close nodes, so you rapidly
get swamped in overlaid nodes - The underlying   topic-based nav is
great, but it also points to the sort of thing Forrest could do with
SVG. Firefox 1.5 now supports native SVG, so it'd be great to be able
to have the option of Forrest rendering SVG as native for enabled
browsers.