forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Williams" <william...@gmail.com>
Subject [RT] Content profiling
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2006 22:26:22 GMT
It seems this comes up from time to time and I'm wondering if we need
a document or a better way to handle it.

http://www.nabble.com/Hiding-sections-t1312607.html

http://www.nabble.com/New-Plugin%3A-Filtering-output-t23233.html#a65955

http://www.nabble.com/Different-views-for-the-same-source-file-t267253.html#a751299

I think there have been more but I couldn't turn them up.  I know I've
read good discussion from Nicola Ken on the subject, for example, but
couldn't find it.  Anyway, it seems like a reasonable feature for a
documentation system to have -- the ability to profile the content for
particular readers -- so we either need a doc, a new feature, or ???
Maybe we could make it a more integral function of the dispatcher
work?  (e.g, have profile/role based contracts/views -- pelt.user.fv &
pelt.dev.fv)

--tim