forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Locationmap Caching Help (FOR-732/711)
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:09:01 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:

> I think I'm not explaining it well enough.  "n" (e.g. 315) is not the
> number of nodes (SelectNode, MountNode, etc.); "n" is the number of
> references to "lm:some-resource" involved in a given request.  In
> other words, traversing all of the nodes is actually really fast,
> traversing all of the nodes for each of the 315 references to an
> lm:some-resource is, in total, slow.

Ahhh... OK, that makes more sense now - sorry for being so thick.

I'm still having real difficulty understanding why a single page results
in 315 "lm:some-resource" requests. Do we have any idea waht these are?
I ask because it appears that in your testing you have set up some
decent profiling.

This figure really confirms something I've been thinking for some time.

Forrest has got horribly monolithic and we need a spring clean (it's
spring in my part of the world anyway). Unfortunately, this is a *huge*
job, I'm not proposing we do this now. But we ought to think about it
for a 1.0 release.

Ross