forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: Pelt Theme Dispatcher Observations
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 09:48:05 GMT
le 28/03/2006 15:43 Gav.... a écrit :
> Hi all,

Hi Gavin,
> Thought I would revert back to pelt theme from my pili theme to check how
> this is doing. I have a few observations that I wanted to clarify before
> creating issues for them and sorting them, maybe they already exist as
> issues but I haven't found them as of yet.
>
> 1) - menus are not collapsable in IE or Firefox.

Hu ? Did you set the expanding property to true in the nav-section
contract :
            <forrest:property name="expanding">true</forrest:property>

> 2) - Some images, notably spacer.gif and pdfdoc.gif are being looked for in
> the /themes/images directory when they actually reside in /skin/images
> directory and so are not being displayed.
>
> e.g of output source <DEFANGED_IMG alt="spacer" src="themes/images/spacer.gif" />

The two images a copied to this directory in my case
(http://cyriaque.dupoirieux.free.fr/accueil.html)
> 3) - Viewing in 800x600 mode on Windows the Search the site will overlap the
> tabs if there are five or more tabs. [1]

That's right, you can create a FOR.
> 4) - Not important as such but anyway... Comments in the pelt.fv are being
> converted into white space it seems in the code.
>
> e.g -
>
> <forrest:property name="branding-css-links-input">
>         <css url="common.css" media="screen" rel="alternate stylesheet"
>           theme="common"/>
>         <css url="leather-dev.css" media="screen" rel="alternate stylesheet"
>
>           theme="common"/>
>         <css url="pelt.screen.css" media="screen" theme="Pelt"/>
>         <!-- You can request request specific css, but beware that you need
> to use the *.dispatcher.css extension!!!-->
>         <!-- FIXME: that is not working ATM in forrest for subdir/bla needs
> more testing -->
>         <!--<css url="#{$getRequest}.dispatcher.css" media="screen"
> theme="Pelt"/>-->
>         <css url="pelt.print.css" media="print"/>
>
> Converts to :-
>
> <DEFANGED_link href="themes/common.css" media="screen" rel="alternate stylesheet"
> title="common" type="text/css" />
>         <DEFANGED_link href="themes/leather-dev.css" media="screen" rel="alternate
> stylesheet" title="common" type="text/css" />
>         <DEFANGED_link href="themes/pelt.screen.css" media="screen" rel="stylesheet"
> title="Pelt" type="text/css" />
>

>         <DEFANGED_link href="themes/pelt.print.css" media="print" rel="stylesheet"
> title="pelt.print.css" type="text/css" />

Maybe, I have not checked this...
> 5) - Enabling use of the second instance of branding-breadcrumbs causes an
> extra seemingly unwanted gap between the tabs section and the left
> navigation/second breadcrumbs sections. This breaks up the continuity
> between the tabs and the left navigation, is this by design or a bug?
>
> Note that points 1 and 2 above work fine in a 'Forrest Run' byt when
> statically built and deployed to a remote server is when the problems
> Seem to occur.(?)

I have not checked either...
> [1] - For a couple of days, the effects can be seen at
> http://apache.minitutorials.com
>
> Note, only a couple of pages are active at the moment.
>

> Gav...

Cyriaque,