forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: planning the 0.8 release (Was: [RT] structurer location and resource types)
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 08:58:03 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310000&fixfor=12310040

> The "roadmap" mixes in all of the plugins issues.
> The so-called "Priority" is a reporter-based priority.

Does it? I can't check it right now (I'm replying offline) but I'm
pretty sure I moved all of the plugin stuff out of the roadmap for 0.8.
The only references to plugins in there (that I intentionally left) is
to how core handles plugins.

> We also need regularly look at the "unscheduled"
> filter and add some to the roadmap. There have
> been many new issues added since you did that
> initial classification.

I have been watching them carefully and adding those necessary to the 08
roadmap. I may have missed some, i don't claim that this is finished
since it has not been reviewed by the community. But the point is most
of what you say needs to be done has been done. It just needs review. I
have been progressing along this roadmap assuming lazy consensus was in
operation.

>>>Lets make a dotpoint list here in email.
>>
>>For my take on this see the (yawn) 0.8 roadmap. I'm not about to do it
>>all again - others can add/remove as they see fit. I'll re-emerge when
>>the discussion dies down and a vote is called.
>

> Apart from a simple list of all issues that have
> been fixed, i don't see any dotpoint list in the
> roadmap that we can use to write the release notes.

I think we interpreted the question differently. You interpreted it as
"what *has* been done" I interpreted it as "what *needs* to be done". If
we put both our answers together we have it well covered ;-)

Ross