forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: better committer IDs for changes.html (Was: Community health)
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:18:35 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El vie, 24-03-2006 a las 12:09 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
>
>>Ross Gardler wrote:

>>>I am of the opinon that who applies what change is irrelevant. However,
>>>I have no objection to such links if others want them.
>>
>>It is reasonably clear from the bottom of
>>the changes page who is who. Perhaps we need
>>a link to this section from the top of the page.
>>[1] http://forrest.apache.org/docs/changes.html#Committers
>>and at
>>[2] http://forrest.apache.org/who.html
>

> It seems I will develope again with Struts for a customer project and
> while browsing their site I found:
> http://struts.apache.org/volunteers.html
>
> I really like it, maybe something for us as well.

I trust you mean the "mini-bio" for each committer. Personally, I don't
use the Forrest sites for self promotion, but I have no problem with
others doing it (my reasoning is a business one, not an ethical one). If
  I did I'd probably just want a link, maybe, if the bio was pulled from
the committers own site, that would ease the need to keep multiple
copies of a bio in synch. Perhaps a small extension to the Resume plugin.

Anyway, if people want to add bios to [1] I am +/-0 for that.

Ross

[1] http://forrest.apache.org/who.html