forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r388006 - /forrest/trunk/site-author/content/xdocs/guidelines.xml
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 08:50:26 GMT
crossley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: crossley
> Date: Wed Mar 22 18:45:54 2006
> New Revision: 388006

> Log:
> Various comments on different ASF mailing lists indicate that calling
> it "The Apache Way" is not a good idea.

This might be worth highlighting for those not reading the other lists.

The key point I remember for not calling it "the Apache Way" is because
it implies that Apache has some kind of "ownership" over this approach.
This is simply not true, all we do is adopt an Open Development Process,
with an emphasis on community over code. Many other groups/projects do
the same/similar.

Ross