forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Community health
Date Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:41:13 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> We have already suggested to create a "timeline"
> to help the history. It will take me a long time
> to get that together, so be patient.
> The history of how the project came into being
> is a minor issue. The main issue seems to be
> recognition of contributions.

We already have an infrastructure for this. Mark an entry in status.xml
as having importance="high" and that entry will be highlighted in the
release notes. There is no reason why we can't create a timeline form
this as well. Perhaps by allowing a "historic" setting for @importance
(possibly needed as "high" is intended to mean important from users
perspectives, whereas "historic" is from a dev perspective.

I don't hink there is any need to go over the past history since nobody
has asked for it until now. If any individual would like to see their
contribution marked as historic they should go over status.xml
themselves, I see no reason wy it should fall to David.

View raw message