forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest history (was Re: svn commit: r384121)
Date Sat, 11 Mar 2006 19:20:57 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El vie, 10-03-2006 a las 11:00 +0100, Maurice Gittens escribió:
>
>>On Thursday 09 March 2006 20:32, you wrote:

> The only thing that worries me that this fuzz may give the image of me,
> to *wanted* to be treated specially thinking *I* deserve it and *nobody*
> else for spending my spare time developing the dispatcher concept and
> implementation. That is dead wrong and people should know better!

Speaking personally:

I trust that my words, particularly in in the "community health" thread
are sufficient to convince all that I do not perceive any attempt to
take any more than the due credit for this excellent work.

Nor do I perceive David words in the original SVN commit message as
indicating any such concerns.

Having said that, both the Davids commit message and some of the
possible interpretations of sentiment in this thread may give the
opposite impression.

As I have said, Thorsten is a committer and PMC member on this project
(as well as other ASF projects) and as such has already demonstrated his
understanding of the ASF community and meritocracy. That understanding
is well demonstrated in this mail.

In my opinion (and here I believe I speak as a representative of the
Forrest community), such understanding is not in question here.

Ross