forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest history (was Re: svn commit: r384121)
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 18:23:38 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Thanks Tim, your comments are spot on.
>
> Tim Williams wrote:
> [ snip ]
>
>>Having said all this, I personally think that David's change was a bit
>>hasty.  We don't sensor anyone else's "live-site" contribution, why
>>would we filter our own fellow committer?  If Thorsten wants that to
>>be his tag line for his personal site, what say to do we have in that?
>> It's his personal web site.
>

> It wasn't hasty. I thought long and hard about that.
> I don't see it as censoring. It is just the same as
> any change that we make to code or docs. If we see
> something that we reckon is not correct or could be
> improved, then we change it. If other people think
> that it needs discussion or needs to be reverted,
> then say so as we are doing now.
>
> In the past i have made other changes to this
> live-sites doc and to other docs that linked
> to sites that were not relevant. (Not saying
> that this case is not relevant.)

Such as publically correcting my incorrect SVN log entry that seemed to
imply one of my sites was the first dispatcher based site (which it
wasn't) [1].

It wasn't actually David that made this correction, but it is still a
precedent.

Ross

[1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=112716113510454&w=2