forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: search engine broker
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 10:13:49 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working on a new plugin, a search engine broker (output). You can
> see it in action on http://www.target-x.de/search.html and
> http://www.target-x.de/search-forms.html.
>
> BTW that is my site with a new theme I developed while testing the
> dispatcher. :)

Nice search plugin!

With respect to reusing the search definition code.

- What license is the definition schema released as? We need to consider
reuse of the schema as well as the individual definitions.

- Is it worth sending a mail to the original authors asking them to
contribute a patch via JIRA? (you could provide them the code and just
ask them to contribute it to cover the legal aspects of contribution)

- Is it so much trouble t re-write them? As has been observed, they are
only really a breakdown of the search strings.

Ross