forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: plugin docs [was: How do I use OpenOffice plugin?]
Date Fri, 03 Mar 2006 23:03:01 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:

>>[1] http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/usingPlugins.html
>>[2]
>>http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/samples/index.html
>>

> I don't have time to look into what's going on here but I started to
> point this user to the docs as well and in my navigation to them, saw
> that our plugins docs for 0.7 reference the 0.8 plugins.
>
> http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/index.html

Hmmm, well spotted - one of the problems of always using head, it's easy
to miss things like this.

I'm afraid this is another problem with the versioned plugins. The index
page is generated from the plugins.xml descriptor file. Unfortunately,
this file is not versioned. So when any plugin for Forrest 0.7 is
published the 0.7 index is overwritten.

Since the plugins.xml file has info about plugins for various versions
of Forrest those that have a later version will have an incorrect entry.

So, what is the solution?

I'm not 100% certain, but am sure it will be a part of [1]. I've
attached a link to this thread to the issue.

Ross

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-533