forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Patch for daisy-to-html.xsl (forrest daisy plugin)
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:10:36 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
 > Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
 >
 >>>I'm interested in seeing this applied to Forrest as Cocoon's
 >>>documentation is published via Forrest from Daisy, and I'd like to
 >>>update Cocoon's Daisy instance to a new release soon. Therefore, I'd
 >>>also like to request if someone could look into updating that file on
 >>>the Forrest zone.
 >>
 >>Done
 >

 > Thanks. Cheche has added it to the Forrest trunk SVN.
 >
 > We need to also deploy the plugin so that the forrestbot
 > at forrest.zones.apache.org can use it.

No we don't. A while bak I made it so that dev plugins will be copied
from the src tree if possible. See the commit messages at
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-388?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-commits-tabpanel

 > $FORREST_HOME/tools/ant/bin/ant deploy
 >
 > Uh'oh. That does a test build with the Daisy plugin
 > which fails with ...
 > * [1/16]    [16/16]   5.68s  5.5Kb   linkmap.html
 > X [0] cocoon/index.html BROKEN: Unable to get attribute value for
daisy.navigation.docID

 > Sorry i don't know what that means. Bruno's patch
 > is related to Daisy IDs.

This is nothing to do with the patch Bruno suplied. It is because the
property daisy.navigation.docID has not been defined in
forrest.properties.xml

I'll raise an issue.

 > So until we fix this (and another error) we cannot deploy
 > the Daisy plugin.

See above, no problem. It should still work, so Bruno can go ahead and
update the Cocoon Daisy instance. The forrestbot will tell us if there
is a problem. I can't see any issues wth the patch.

Ross