forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: planning the 0.8 release (Was: [RT] structurer location and resource types)
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 21:51:10 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:
> >Ross Gardler wrote:
> >>David Crossley wrote:

> >>http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=12310000&fixfor=12310040

> >The "roadmap" mixes in all of the plugins issues.
> >The so-called "Priority" is a reporter-based priority.
>
> Does it? I can't check it right now (I'm replying offline) but I'm
> pretty sure I moved all of the plugin stuff out of the roadmap for 0.8.
> The only references to plugins in there (that I intentionally left) is
> to how core handles plugins.

Ah, i did not realise that you were doing that.

However, as we move more stuff into plugins,
what would happen when we have plugins issues
that need to be fixed?

> >We also need regularly look at the "unscheduled"
> >filter and add some to the roadmap. There have
> >been many new issues added since you did that
> >initial classification.
>
> I have been watching them carefully and adding those necessary to the 08
> roadmap. I may have missed some, i don't claim that this is finished
> since it has not been reviewed by the community. But the point is most
> of what you say needs to be done has been done. It just needs review. I
> have been progressing along this roadmap assuming lazy consensus was in
> operation.

We agreed that we needed to have the additional
field called "Urgency" (see earlier in this thread).
You helped to craft the words to explain it and
to define the options. See:
http://forrest.apache.org/issues.html#urgency

-David