forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: about Thorsten credit and expression
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:11:00 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Juan Jose Pablos escribi??:
> >
> > I am a bit worry about the incident with Thorsten tag line for his website.
>
> No worries, dude.
>
> > It Seem that David was wrong to change that line without a bit of
> > discussion.
>
> The least thing would have been that he writes a mail cc @pmc asking me
> to change the tagline. Then I could change it myself and the whole story
> that is now happening could have been prevented.

But it wasn't about the tagline. It was about the concern
that if we start making explicit statements about select
Forrest developers then we automatically deny the
contributions of others.

Also we do not need to seek anyone's permission when
we feel that some document or code needs editing.
However we do need to be prepared to defend our actions.

-David