forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest history (was Re: svn commit: r384121)
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 10:18:11 GMT
Thanks Tim, your comments are spot on.

Tim Williams wrote:
[ snip ]
> Having said all this, I personally think that David's change was a bit
> hasty.  We don't sensor anyone else's "live-site" contribution, why
> would we filter our own fellow committer?  If Thorsten wants that to
> be his tag line for his personal site, what say to do we have in that?
>  It's his personal web site.

It wasn't hasty. I thought long and hard about that.
I don't see it as censoring. It is just the same as
any change that we make to code or docs. If we see
something that we reckon is not correct or could be
improved, then we change it. If other people think
that it needs discussion or needs to be reverted,
then say so as we are doing now.

In the past i have made other changes to this
live-sites doc and to other docs that linked
to sites that were not relevant. (Not saying
that this case is not relevant.)

Thorsten, don't take any of this personally.
We are still a new project and need to set our
direction. As before i am using real-life
situations to mould that.

I see this current situation as an important
aspect of community-building.

It is not about the "history". Anyone who
is interested can find that in the archives
or we can try to build a concise timeline.

-David