forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@apache.org>
Subject Re: search engine broker
Date Wed, 08 Mar 2006 03:59:36 GMT
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >Ross Gardler escribi??:
> >>
> >>With respect to reusing the search definition code.
> >>
> >>- What license is the definition schema released as?
> >
> >Not found any information on it but it seems an internal mozilla format
> >and mozilla is ASF style license, right?
>
> I always thought so, but I have an inkling that it was listed as a
> non-compatible license in the recent legal FAQ. I've not verified this
> (possibly incorret) rcollection.

No, MPL is not "ASF-style".

That "FAQ" document is not yet public, though
Forrest and other committers have had a preliminary
look at it.

It is coming to the legal-discuss mail list
soon. ASF committers can join, others can
read the public mail archives.

I am not going to say anything to pre-empt
that FAQ.

Back to the search definitions ...

Are those definitions actually licensed?
You will need to find out if you want to
propose their direct inclusion in Forrest.

-David