forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: Dispatcher .fv file template...
Date Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:21:48 GMT
El vie, 31-03-2006 a las 00:51 -0500, CFAS Webmaster escribió:
> Devs,
>   I've been waiting for things to calm down before asking this
> question.  I believe now is as good a time as any...
>   Back in the olden days of v0.7 I had created a .fv file that allowed
> me to format the main page of without using
> tables.  I was rather happy to have been able to figure that one out.

Jeje. ;)

>   Now I'm working with v0.8 at SVN head with the patch from FOR-796.  My
> file has these entries:
> project.theme=pelt
> project.required.plugins=org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf,org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher,org.apache.forrest.themes.core,org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.Text,,org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.PhotoGallery
>   I've looked at my old index.fv and a few of the other .fv's in the
> forrest tree but I can't figure out how to update it so that I get
> something other than a blank page.

Well the *.fv from the prototype in 0.7 have changed quite a bit. ;)

We have started late to document the changes but following may be

>   I'm looking for a template for each page that I can modify, more like
> tweak slightly, for the index page.  I essentially need to add one hook
> after the content-title section:
>                 <forrest:hook name="rightbar">
>                     <forrest:contract name="extra-info"/>
>                 </forrest:hook>
> (from the 0.7 version .fv file).
> Any suggestions?

Can I see your structurer?
Do you use more custom contracts?
Are you are aware that the contract grammar slightly changed (see above

Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain