forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging a Forrest app w/ STRUTS
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:01:59 GMT
El lun, 27-03-2006 a las 20:43 +0000, Jim Douglas escribió:
> I have a struts 1.2 webapp and I'm looking to merge the action forms(and
> other actions), with a Forrest .7 webapp I just created.
>
> I appreciate your input..

I would not do it in 0.7 to start with. The task will take a while till
it works I guess and we are planing our release. ;) Besides you need to
find a more elegant way since what follows is a hack and I have never
tried it (it should work in theory). ;)

- start to merge your web.xml of the struts app into the forrest one
- copy all struts jars to forrest-trunk/lib/core/
- copy all WEB-INF/ files from struts app to forrest
- try to request your action and forrest.

WARNING that will produce your own version of forrest and if that works
we need to find a better way. ;) I have never tried it and if you run
into problems please ask specific questions (best with error stack). ;)

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"