forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] structurer location and resource types
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:12:18 GMT
El vie, 24-03-2006 a las 07:36 -0500, Tim Williams escribió:

> > > Further I am dreaming of a no-cocoon based
> > > implementation of the dispatcher, like as an extension for mozilla
> > > (written in POJ - I more and more understand Stefanos opinion "that
> > > cocoon has become obsolete").
> >
> > Well that is Stefano's opinion. Also he hasn't
>
> He sent a strongly titled and provocative email for effective.
> There's a lot more to it than that and concluding that "Stefanos
> opinion is that cocoon has become obsolete" is hasty and unfair all
> the way around.
>
> http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/linotype/news/94/

"Just before last weekend, during my final Piggy Bank wrap-up's, I sent
an email to the Cocoon development mailling list airing my concerns: the
web is slowly but surely changing.
Cocoon is clearly not obsolete and it won't be for a while, but it's fat
and sleepy, kinda watching TV (if you allow me) instead of going out
exercizing. Before I move on, I wanted to trigger a wake up call.
..."

I share this observations, cocoon is one out of many and not the "one".
There is going on a revolution in web development and cocoon is too FAT
and far from being an industry standard like Struts or httpd were/are.

All, just read the link Tim provided (thx Tim) and you may understand
why I would like to have <1MB core where I base my code on.

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"