forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [announcement] DOCO prototype in forrest and lenya rep
Date Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:58:06 GMT
Hi all,

I am happy to announce that I added a first prototype of a DOCO
implementation in the Apache Forrest and Apache Lenya rep.

Where the content is stored in
/forrest/trunk/whiteboard/doco
and the publication in
lenya/sandbox/doco

We are using lenya to manage/edit the content and forrest to
render/export it as static webpage.

...and it actually works fine :)

http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/lenya/sandbox/doco/README.txt
"# What is the doco pub?
This publication is created with the aim to be a generic documentation publication for Apache
wide usage.

The first projects to test it are the Apache Forrest and the Apache Lenya project.

The idea is to manage the content via the Apache Lenya CMS and export it via Apache Forrest.

# How to install?
## Download
You need to have the svn head of lenya and forrest:
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/trunk lenya-trunk
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/forrest/trunk forrest-trunk

Further you need to download the doco pub:
svn co https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lenya/sandbox/doco doco

We will refer to the checkouts {lenya-trunk} for lenya and {forrest-trunk} for forrest
and {doco} for the doco pub.
..."

Please for further information refer to above README.txt.

The implementation is *VERY BASIC* so far and only works for xhtml as resource type ATM.
Further lenya throws some error because of bugs in the lenya exit usecase. It works but
you need to request the site again. We need to remove the exit usecase definitions of the
lenya core usecases!

Please try out the instructions of the README.txt
and report any problems that you may have to *BOTH* list.

Have fun ;)

salu2
--
thorsten