forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: search engine broker
Date Thu, 09 Mar 2006 00:55:26 GMT
El mié, 08-03-2006 a las 14:59 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
> > Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > >Ross Gardler escribi??:

> > >Not found any information on it but it seems an internal mozilla format
> > >and mozilla is ASF style license, right?
> >
> > I always thought so, but I have an inkling that it was listed as a
> > non-compatible license in the recent legal FAQ. I've not verified this
> > (possibly incorret) rcollection.
>
> No, MPL is not "ASF-style".
>
> That "FAQ" document is not yet public, though
> Forrest and other committers have had a preliminary
> look at it.
>
> It is coming to the legal-discuss mail list
> soon. ASF committers can join, others can
> read the public mail archives.
>
> I am not going to say anything to pre-empt
> that FAQ.
>
> Back to the search definitions ...
>
> Are those definitions actually licensed?

How can I find out?

> You will need to find out if you want to
> propose their direct inclusion in Forrest.

I do *NOT* propose their direct inclusion in Forrest!

original plugin definition:
cat leo.src
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Leo plugin by Kimfella
#
# Translate Eng <->German
#
#
#
# 2003/03/22 convert roy.erez's BabelFish to Leo   MK
#
# Known issues: doesn't work with multi-search.
#
# Leo.html included with zip. Contains legal stuff from Leo.org.  It
seems to say it is ok to use the   #
#        ARCHIVE (i.e. the database of german/english?) but not clear
about using the Leo search engine #
#        in this manner.  They DO provide a Sidebar Tab at
http://www.leo.org/dict/integration_en.html  #
#
#
# michael ->AT<- kimballpottery ->DOT<- com
#
# 2005/04/19 modified by Dirk Randhahn
#
# 2005/07/12 edited and cleaned up by Johannes Becker
#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#

<search version="7.1"
   name="Leo Eng<->Ger"
   description="Leo-Dictionary - Translate English to German or German
to English"
   method="GET"
   action="http://dict.leo.org/ende"
   searchform="http://dict.leo.org/ende"

<input name="search" user>

</search>

<BROWSER
   update="http://mycroft.mozdev.org/update.php/id0/leo.src"
   updateicon="http://mycroft.mozdev.org/update.php/id0/leo.png"
   updateCheckDays="7"

My definition:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<search
   name="Leo Eng&lt;->Ger"
   description="Leo-Dictionary - Translate English to German or German
to English"
   method="GET"
   action="http://dict.leo.org/ende"
   searchform="http://dict.leo.org/ende"
   category="dictionary"

<input name="search" type="text"/>
</search>

I am using ATM for advanced searching following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<search
   name="Google"
   description="Google Search"
   method="GET"
   action="http://www.google.com/search"
   category="common"

<input name="q" type="text"/>
<inputnext name="start" factor="10"/>
<inputprev name="start" factor="10"/>

<advanced title="Input encoding">
  <input name="ie" value="ISO-8859-1" type="text"/>
</advanced>

<advanced title="Output encoding">
  <input name="oe" value="ISO-8859-1" type="text"/>
</advanced>

<advanced title="Dominios">
  <select name="as_dt">
    <option value="i" selected="selected">Solamente</option>
    <option value="e">No</option>
  </select>
  <input type="text" size="25" value="" name="as_sitesearch"
    title="producir resultados del dominio o sitio Web"/>
</advanced>
<advanced title="resultados">
  <select name="num">
  <option value="10" selected="selected">10 resultados</option>
  <option value="20">20 resultados</option>
  <option value="30">30 resultados</option>
  <option value="50">50 resultados</option>
  <option value="100">100 resultados</option>
</select>
</advanced>

</search>

You see that I am not using the exact same scheme like mozilla.

Anyway I still do not really see the need, but is everybody happy if we
rename <search/> to <form/>?

I cannot add the plugins without search definitions, that does not make
sense.

salu2
--
thorsten