forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject [RT] Navigation alternatives
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 22:05:37 GMT
Hi all,

developing my site from scratch again I have to admit I am pretty tired
of editing the site.xml. Further the current site.xml is very limiting
regarding different "views" of the site and reusability for e.g. the
lenya CMS.

Today I stumbled over:
http://www.theyrule.net/
"They Rule allows you to create maps of the interlocking directories of
the top companies in the US in 2004."

BTW what a nice name for a site. ;)

It is a pretty nice example for an alternative navigation I would like.
Another site wyonapictures did an naviagtion with topic maps.

http://www.wyonapictures.com/en/topicmap.html

The last example is pretty straight forward if you looking on the xml
based definition:
http://www.wyonapictures.com/en/wyonapictures.xtm

Would it make sense to write a plugin?

I am not 100% sure but the whole topic map thing seems to fit in the
apache use case of multi-project multi-topic website generation
perfectly. Imaging we teach the cocoon crawler to just crawl specific
topic trees, wouldn't that be awesome.

salu2
--
thorsten