forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject [RT] Navigation alternatives
Date Mon, 06 Mar 2006 22:05:37 GMT
Hi all,

developing my site from scratch again I have to admit I am pretty tired
of editing the site.xml. Further the current site.xml is very limiting
regarding different "views" of the site and reusability for e.g. the
lenya CMS.

Today I stumbled over:
"They Rule allows you to create maps of the interlocking directories of
the top companies in the US in 2004."

BTW what a nice name for a site. ;)

It is a pretty nice example for an alternative navigation I would like.
Another site wyonapictures did an naviagtion with topic maps.

The last example is pretty straight forward if you looking on the xml
based definition:

Would it make sense to write a plugin?

I am not 100% sure but the whole topic map thing seems to fit in the
apache use case of multi-project multi-topic website generation
perfectly. Imaging we teach the cocoon crawler to just crawl specific
topic trees, wouldn't that be awesome.

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

View raw message