forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ferdinand Soethe <ferdin...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forrest history (was Re: svn commit: r384121)
Date Sun, 12 Mar 2006 13:25:33 GMT

As usual I'm a bit late in contributing to this discussion:

But I'd like to emphasize what other people here explained about the
Apache meritocracy.

Just keep in mind that a working project depends on many different
kinds of contributions apart from concepts or code. And not all are
suitable for a tagline.

I know that most of us (including myself) - being the strong
personalities that make a good committer - are a bit addicted to a
more personal level of credit and praise.

But that shouldn't keep us from trying to beat the bad habits we all
learned elsewhere. And isn't that part of what open source projects
are all about?

--
Ferdinand Soethe