forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <>
Subject Re: planning the 0.8 release (Was: [RT] structurer location and resource types)
Date Sat, 25 Mar 2006 06:08:06 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <>
To: <>
>>>What are the improvements to Forrest other than dispatcher
>>>that warrant there being a 0.8 release ?
>> Lets make a dotpoint list here in email.
> For my take on this see the (yawn) 0.8 roadmap. I'm not about to do it all
> again - others can add/remove as they see fit. I'll re-emerge when the
> discussion dies down and a vote is called.

Sorry, what I meant by that, is what improvements have already been made
to warrant a 0.8 release.

>> We could do a 0.7.1 release from the branch.
>> However it would be better to release 0.8 which
>> includes all those fixes and much more.
> +1 to a 0.8 release when stuff is done
> -0 to a 0.7.1 release

I agree with Ross.

>>>Should Dispatcher, although as you suggest, not part of the 0.8 release
>>>and not holding up a 0.8 release, be moved from Whiteboard into
>>>core/plugin at
>>>the same time, now, or after ?
>> Anytime. However it takes someone to research the
>> side-effects, make a proposal, co-ordinate it.
>> My current opinion is that it should happen after
>> the release. Lets explore that topic in a separate
>> thread.

> One more time....
> and the 0.8 roadmap in Jira ;-)
> Ross

Ok, so there are 41 Issues that need clearing up, then we can release 0.8
yes ?

Looking at the first on the list , FOR-591, this is a Cocoon Issue
(Cocoon-1574) and they are working on it, however the last comment was two
months ago now. I have just added a comment to see how they are getting on,
if no near time frame for resolving it then maybe this will have to be put
back to a 0.9 release.

The next on the list, FOR-713, html-to-document no longer converts to XDoc.
Was wondering if any conversions have been missed, perhaps references to
html2document still exist in the processing, they do certainly in the docs,
I will patch the docs.

Hmm, thinking about it before I carry on, I really should be adding these
notes to the issues themselves.
Will do that later.

View raw message