forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Cyriaque Dupoirieux <Cyriaque.Dupoiri...@pcotech.fr>
Subject Re: [Structurer feed-back]
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:20:49 GMT
Thorsten Scherler a écrit :
> El lun, 27-02-2006 a las 10:07 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>     I have published my site with
>> <http://cyriaque.dupoirieux.free.fr/accueil.html>the new structurer !
>>

> :)
>
> Nice.

Thanks,

>>     I use the following plugins :
>>
>>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org - BTW does anyone
>>       work on OpenDocument plugin ?
>>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
>>     * org.apache.forrest.themes.core
>>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo
>>     * and org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.php
>>
>> *Benefits
>> *
>>
>>     * Inherintance of contracts is very easy and much more clearer than
>>       with the dispatcher because of the fact that contracts are now
>>       standalone
>>     * I could do everything I wanted to :-) .
>>

> I agree. ;-)

Indeed ;-) !

>> *Disadvantages*
>>
>>     * Structurer is slow, but we all know we have to focus on this
>>       problem. (It is slow but much more flexible than skins...)
>>

> Well, it is faster then with v2 and v1. Still a lot room for
> enhancement. ;-)
>
> ...and yeah the dispatcher is demanding memory for flexibility. :(

Sure, flexibility have a cost, we will not have a structurer much more
flexible and open than skins and faster and using less memory than skins...

>>     * Links are no more rewritten, I mean in the dispatcher, the links
>>       included in the text of a contract were transformed into
>>       hyperlinks (with Lex help he I remember)
>>

> ¿? Can you explain.

For instance, in the previous version of my site, when I wrote in the
document a URL (http://...) or a mail (Cyriaque.Dupoirieux@apache.org)
the generated html was respectively :

    * <a href="http://...">http://...</a>
    * <a
      href="mailto:Cyriaque.Dupoirieux@apache.org">Cyriaque.Dupoirieux@apache.org</a>

Remember the http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-743.
I made a correction to be able to anti-slash the url or mail we don't
want to rewrite (such with the webmestre e-mail address)
Now, no URL nor e-mail are rewritten...

Salutations,
Cyriaque,