forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: resolving project locationmaps [was: Re: svn commit: r328847 - in /forrest/trunk: main/webapp/locationmap.xml main/webapp/sitemap.xmap site-author/content/xdocs/docs_0_80/locationmap.xml
Date Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:40:27 GMT
Tim Williams wrote:
> This breaks the locationmaps exists selector and now if the project
> locationmap doesn't exist we get errors.

By "errors" you mean in the log don't you? The actual site build does
not fail does it, or at least it doesn't on any of the many sites I have
using this since applying the patch in October.

I accept having the log error is misleading when it is not really an error.

 > Maybe a better way to get
 > what this is trying to do is to mount the dynamic locationmap from the
 > project locationmap?

-1

This assumes that the dynamic locationmap is provided by the users site.
This was added because some plugins, such as the Daisy plugin, need to
generate the locationmap.

We could expect users to know they need to add an entry into the
locationmap, but I don't like expecting the user to have to do stuff to
make things work. I'd rather look for a solution that means the select
behaves as expected, i.e. if an optional locationmap is not present it
simply ignores the fact.

Ross