forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dispatcher rc1
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:37:54 GMT
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> El mié, 01-02-2006 a las 13:04 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>I am having trouble. Using head of trunk.

>>I have similar (identical?) problems doing forrest run to examine the
>>docs in  either of the two rc1 plugins.
>>
>>In error.log I see:
>>
>>org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Error during resolving of
>>'lm://resolve.structurer.index'.
>>Caused by: org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceException: Could not
>>resolve locationmap location.
>>

> 1) did you applied the patch from:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-796

That's probably the problem, not tested yet - thanks.

Your comment on that issue made me think this patch was needed for V2
support, I now see it is the other way around. I'll try and do some more
testing later this week.

---

To Branch or not to Branch?
===========================

[ASIDE] Don't worry Thorsten I'm not going to ask you to change anything
. I heard your frustration at the circular discussion about "to branch
or not to branch", that is why I stayed quite in the end, I was silently
agreeing to you just getting it done

This lack of ability to support both V2 and V3 during this work, which
Thorsten had previously warned us about, was the reason I recommended a
branch.

For the future reference of the community (not for Thorsten or any other
individual), if a development will temporarily break existing
functionality we should branch. This was one of the criteria we
identified for branching in our previous discussions on this subject.

With a branch we could just do an svn switch and it would work, then we
could just switch back to trunk to work with v2 stuff if necessary.

Thorsten did point us at this patch within the large number of commit
emails and Jira issues he generated in his mammoth weekend attack on
this work. However, it seems both David and I missed the importance of
that message and have therefore wasted our time, and Thorstens, in
debugging the issue.

Ross