forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: deployed plugins with wrong version number
Date Sun, 12 Feb 2006 03:13:34 GMT
David Crossley wrote:
> Reviving this old thread from Nov 26, 2005.
> At today's ForrestFriday we discussed the issue
> again. See the IRC logfile.
> Ross, i figured out some of my confusion about this.
> I did not realise that there are two separate targets
> "deploy" and "release".
> Please review this revision which i think fixes the deployment.
> Next we need to investigate the fetch-plugin stuff,
> then deploy all relevant plugins.

Hmmm, i reckon that this is not going to work.
For example, the projectInfo input plugin.

We recently upgraded that plugin to use locationmap,
so now it is bound to forrest-0.8 version.
That is now deployed as the top-level unversioned

So now forrest-0.7 users need to specifically declare
the versioned plugin which forrest-0.7 will find at

Perhaps the following arrangement would be better:

Deploy both versioned and unversioned plugins to
the respective forrest.version directory, i.e.

Don't use the top-level f.a.o/plugins/*.zip at all.

To enable forrest-0.7 to continue to operate, use a
f.a.o/plugins/.htaccess file to enable Apache HTTP
Server to re-direct to f.a.o/plugins/0.7/*.zip

Also need re-direct for the old f.a.o/plugins/0.8-dev/
to f.a.o/plugins/0.8/

That would cause breakage for users of 0.8-dev
who do not have an up-to-date SVN trunk. If they
cannot update to head, then they can specify a
direct versioned plugin.

Would that be sufficient?

View raw message