forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Structurer feed-back]
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2006 10:41:06 GMT
El lun, 27-02-2006 a las 10:07 +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux escribi├│:
> Hi,
>
>     I have published my site with
> <http://cyriaque.dupoirieux.free.fr/accueil.html>the new structurer !

:)

Nice.

>     I use the following plugins :
>
>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.pdf
>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org - BTW does anyone
>       work on OpenDocument plugin ?
>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.internal.dispatcher
>     * org.apache.forrest.themes.core
>     * org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.projectInfo
>     * and org.apache.forrest.plugin.output.php
>
> *Benefits
> *
>
>     * Inherintance of contracts is very easy and much more clearer than
>       with the dispatcher because of the fact that contracts are now
>       standalone
>     * I could do everything I wanted to :-) .

I agree. ;-)

> *Disadvantages*
>
>     * Structurer is slow, but we all know we have to focus on this
>       problem. (It is slow but much more flexible than skins...)

Well, it is faster then with v2 and v1. Still a lot room for
enhancement. ;-)

...and yeah the dispatcher is demanding memory for flexibility. :(

>     * Links are no more rewritten, I mean in the dispatcher, the links
>       included in the text of a contract were transformed into
>       hyperlinks (with Lex help he I remember)

┬┐? Can you explain.

The html-dispatcher is requesting already rewritten content, it will not
try to rewrite the outcome again. The Lex stuff is only used for the
css-dispatcher which is actually is transforming certain text into links
on the final output.

>     * The branding-theme-profiler.ft (a version I have in local on my
>       machine) does not generate the round corners images, I think the
>       problem comes from the fact that links are no more rewritten...

Hmm, see above the links are rewritten. I guess something else changed.
AFAIR the branding-theme-profiler.ft is now a *css* contract and not
anymore a html!

>     * The problem with pages containing "_" is solved but I don't know
>       why ;-) . (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-725).

Jeje, I reckon it was the stuff with the linkmap that I refactored for
the site: bug. ;-)

salu2
--
thorsten