forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dispatcher project contracts
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:54:04 GMT
El sáb, 25-02-2006 a las 19:16 -0500, Tim Williams escribió:
> Is anyone having trouble creating a project contract?  I've created my
> .ft contract and placed it in
> projectHOME/resources/themes/common/html/mycontract.ft  I referenced
> it in my fv file, refreshed... nothing.

Did you restart forrest run?

Like I often said you need to restart forrest if you add a
contract/structurer to a new location. That is the caching issue I have
found many times with the lm.

Let me explain which problem I faced while my presentation in Malaga.
I started a fresh seed with the dispatcher plugins activated. In the
fresh site we did not add a default structurer in the resources/themes
dir. BTW I would not recommend to add one till we settled a wee bit the
current development on the dispatcher.

Anyhow, if no theme definition can be found in the project then the
default plugins structurer will be returned. Good as gold till here.

Now I added a new structurer to my project in a location that has
priority over the "last" fallback. As described in earlier mails the
locationmap returns the cached location. You need to restart forrest to
clear the locationmap cache.

>  Look in
> localhost:8888/ls.contracts.project.source(or whatever it is)...

It is
http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.project.html
for project contracts and
http://localhost:8888/ls.contracts.html
for plugin contracts

> nothing listed.  As far as I can tell so far there's might be
> something weird going on wherein {project:resources} in
> dispatcher/locationmap.xml sees the project==o.a.p.i.dispatcher.
> Anyway, it could very well be a problem on my end but thought I'd ask
> and see if it's broke for anyone else before I spend time on it.

Try the restart. ;)

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"