forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Plugin and themes naming convention
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 18:32:27 GMT
El vie, 10-02-2006 a las 17:56 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> >>Leaving the existing plugins names as-is.
> >>That adds to confusion, but too big to change.
> >

> > Why is it such a big change? I'd change existing names if possible
> > unless it is really a major effort.
> It will cause problems for users having to change their local installs.
> This kind of thing annoys and upsets users. We would have to provide an
> alias facility for existing names.

The other reason is that if we do not have any sync system with like e.g. in lenya:
"#Build properties version to make sure that is
kept in sync
# NOTE: Do NOT modify this number unless you are a Dev and want to modify this file
# NOTE for Devs: Update this number if this file is being updated.
#                Also update the version number within src/targets/properties-build.xml"

That would ensure that user now that we changed something that radical.

Like Ross said we do not want to upset the user.

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

View raw message