forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scher...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Plugin and themes naming convention
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:30:53 GMT
El vie, 10-02-2006 a las 13:04 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Plugins are called something like:
>
> org.foodomain.forrest.plugin.bar
>
> i.e. "plugin" is singular
>
> But we have two themes which:
>
> org.apache.forrest.theme.Coat
>
> and
>
> org.apache.forrest.themes.core
>
> i.e. "theme" and "themes" is used
>
> I propose that we normalise on the existing naming convention used in
> plugins, i.e. we use "theme" (singular)

-1 for theme.

+1 for normalise.

Since core is providing not only *one* theme (singular) but at least 3
(coat, pelt, common) it makes more sense to call theme packages
"org.apache.forrest.themes.x".

> ----
>
> On a related issue. We have no consistency in the naming of plugins.
>
> I have tried to follow the Java convention of lower case for the
> "package" names and Camel case for the plugin name:
>
> i.e. org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.FooBar
>
> I propose that new releases of plugins should all conform to the camel
> case usage. We'll keep the current naming for already released plugins.

hmm, I find it harder to use the Uppercase variant on linux and since
java packages do not use uppercase in package names (e.g. package
org.apache.lenya.transaction;).

See above, I see plugins more as a packages and I am not very happy with
naming them org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.FooBar because for me that
is a package and not a Class.

salu2

--
Thorsten Scherler