forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Why does forrest-issues.xml produce not wellformed xml?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2006 07:21:01 GMT
El mié, 08-02-2006 a las 15:08 +1100, David Crossley escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> >
> > is there a reason why
> > http://localhost:8888/forrest-issues.xml on site-author
> > produces not well-formed markup?
>
> It is Jira RSS providing this. See the project.issues-rss-url
> in site-author/forrest.properties file.

see more down ;-)

    <map:match pattern="forrest-issues.xml">
<!--getting  jira rss (valid xml) -->
<!-- e.g.
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?view=rss&pid=12310000&fixfor=12310040&resolutionIds=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=25&reset=true&decorator=none
-->
      <map:generate type="file" src="{lm:forrest.issues-rss-url}" />
<!--transform it-->
      <map:transform src="{lm:transform.rssissues.document}" />
      <map:serialize type="xml-document"/>
    </map:match>

> Each Issue Description
> is wrapped in a CDATA section. Perhaps our stylesheet does
> not handle that properly.

That is point of view of defining properly (well-formed vs.
well-presented).

Forrest get something like:
<description><![CDATA[html-to-document.xsl no longer converts content to
an XDoc. Instead it renders converts documents to XDoc, instead it
allows H1, H2 etc. elements to pass through.

The result is a page that seems to render correctly and in the single test case I have used
it still renders correctly in PDF and Text format. However, this is a backward incompatible
change that will break sites that use includes with XPath statements such as /section[@id=&quot;foo&quot;]
(sections are no longer created)

]]></description>

Then
forrest-trunk/main/webapp/resources/stylesheets/rssissues-to-document.xsl
<xsl:value-of select="description" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
will transform that as markup when @disable-output-escaping="yes". If
you remove @disable-output-escaping then it will transformed to
&lt;br&gt;

That looses the markup information but is wellformed markup. I prefer
well-formed over well-presented, but best would be both. ;-)

I am unsure how to fix that so somebody an idea?

salu2

> -David

> > Does this indicate a memory leak?

> > This non valid markup produces in the dispatcher for http://localhost:8888/forrest-issues.html
> >
> > dispatcherError: 500 - Internal server error
> > The contract "content-main" has thrown thrown an exception by resolving raw data
from "cocoon://forrest-issues.body.xml".