forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject Re: Example use case.
Date Sun, 05 Feb 2006 02:28:36 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ross Gardler" <rgardler@apache.org>
To: <dev@forrest.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 7:51 AM
Subject: Re: Example use case.

| Gav.... wrote:
|
| This is whole thing getting confusing. It feels like you are trying to
| solve all problems at once, and as a result are being recommended to
| approach it with a whole raft of technologies.
|
| Lets take it one step at a time. Here are the major tasks:
|
| 1) get a theme that you like
| 2) get the content (without navigation) in your desired input format
| 3) get the navigation sections to work (either by integrating your
| existing systems or starting afresh)
|
| Lets tackle one of these at a time. It doesn't matter, from a technical
| perspective, which you do first (and hence those of us who understand
| Forrest inside out throw out all these technologies all at once). For a
| slow introduction I would recommend doing it in the order noted above.
|
| You can work on the theme part by taking a sample site and modifying the
| theme and bringing your CSS into it (I see in another thread you are
| already starting to do this).

Ok, so now I can cross off number 1) , I have a working theme.

Now onto 2) , get the content.

What are peoples opinions on getting the content from my old site
onto the new rc1 version, based on converting around 90 html pages.

I do not mind converting to forrest source xml if consensus is that is
what is best. But is there a way of automating this, or is it a do it
by hand type of job?

Thanks

Gav..

| Ross